Monday, July 16, 2012

Rising and Shining

So, I actually wrote this a few months ago... Let me know what you think of it:) Christiane has been the only other person to read it and I finally got the courage to post it. It weirds me out a little bit that I have a very cheesy, romantic side to me. Hope it's not too bad!
         
Music leads you to make lots of decisions when you think about it. It’s strange; the different kinds of emotions that certain songs, artists, or lyrics can cause you to feel; happiness, sadness, bliss, or even anger. Songs can remind you of memories that you wish you could forget or moments that you always want to remember. Adam Young is basically my music idol. My whole world sometimes revolves around him and he means so much to me. I’d do anything to give him a hug and thank him for everything, including saving my life. He finally gave me a reason to live and I couldn’t love him more for that. But there’s this artist that I’ve fallen in love with a few months ago called Sailship. He reminds me of Adam a lot, like his voice and kind of electronic music. It’s totally awesome. But Adam is still number one forever to me. A lot of his songs, though, remind me of certain things, are so beautiful that it makes me tear up sometimes, and make me really sit down and think about my life. This song called “Rising and Shining” really made me finally decide the way I wish to die, (kind of a weird topic, but it makes sense in my head) even though it doesn’t matter because it’s never a choice and I have no idea when or how it really is going to happen. But in my mind, I have a vision of how I want everything to go down. I mean, no one really wants to die (not anymore for me) but when it happens, I want it to be like this, a fairytale almost. (Okay, I’m not suicidal, but I just think this would be really romantic) The song lyrics go like “I dreamt what the end of the world had prepared, as buildings sank into the ground, you were there. “I hoped you would be here” you said and you smiled. “I’ve been down here waiting for quite a while.” I took you in my arms (you looked in my eyes). We danced as the moon fell apart in the sky. There was a strange sound (we watched the world fall away). We brought back the life that awaits when we awake. “It sounds dreary, but when I think about it, I picture it wonderful sight. I imagine myself there with someone I love, dancing together under nothing but the stars. We waltz together in our Onitsukas through an open forest, the treetops shedding their autumn leaves as the fireflies dance around us to the beats of our hearts and “Vanilla Twilight” by Owl City that softly plays from somewhere unknown in the distance. We can see the moon as it slowly falls apart and crashes to the Earth around us. Comets and asteroids soar through the air and plummet to the surface. The chaos is louder than thunder, but all we hear is each other’s’ laughter and nervous giggles. Even though the temperature is warm, snow begins to slowly fall, adding beauty to the world below, despite the horrid sight. The evening breeze sends snowflakes into our hair, which shines in the fading moonlight. It falls atop a gazebo and the stream that flows near our feet. He twirls me around in a beautiful sparkling, cerulean, blue dress, which poofs out around the waist and stops right above my knees. Crickets chirp in the distance as the world falls apart, completely unaware of the fate about to approach. We both realize what is going on, but we don’t pay attention to any of it. Our eyes are locked on each other’s. My eyes don’t dare look away from his beautiful, dark ones. That’s the last thing I want to see before I die. Before I close mine for that very last moment. His smile makes my insides melt and I can’t help but notice how adorable he looks in his jeans and sweater vest. He leans in to kiss me gently and I embrace him in a hug, tears starting to fall down our faces. At least we were together. I would die in his arms tonight, but I would be with him. As he swirls me around the forest, he slowly pulls me down with him to the ground and before I know it, we’re lying side by side; the spaces between my fingers are right where his fit perfectly. We finally stargaze; the moment I’ve been waiting for forever. The stars are different shades of the rainbow, all sparkling in different tempos. He points out the constellations and tells me how I’m more beautiful than they could ever be. I shed a tear and blush, but he doesn’t notice it in the dark of the night. We sit up to take in one final moment of the world; the burning city below us, the wildflowers that are still in bloom, the mushroom clouds disappearing, our sighs that are harmonized. He whispers something in my ear, which catches me off guard. I say it back, “I love you.” Just three simple words that make my insides turn to mush. Those three words are the last ones I will ever speak. And the last words that I will ever hear. Those last three words take my breath away. We don’t even notice the forest fire approaching us or the meteors that land closer and closer to us each moment. He grabs me and holds me to him tightly so we never part, even after our first life ends. He kisses me, harder this time. The last moment I close my eyes. The last glimpse of this life that I ever see are his eyes. That sparkle he had in them; that genuine look. We never let go. Finally, a tidal wave crashes over us and we’re sent off tumbling, our arms still intertwined. That’s how I want it to go. Spend my last moments with someone I love so much. I know it won’t happen like that (not even close), but I can always hope that one day I’ll find someone remotely similar to what I picture. This song is absolutely perfect and it’s crazy how much creativity can come out of a song. Someday, I’ll meet someone who would love to do something like this with me; dancing in the moonlight. Until now, I’ll sit at home being a crazy HootOwl while I wait patiently for whoever it is that will be in my much later future. “You’ll see tomorrow before me.”<3

No comments:

Post a Comment